This year’s summer is well and truly upon us and in all probability, the last thing on your mind will be doing the roof maintenance. Here are some tips that will perform roof maintenance for you within some hours. The time you have spent on the roof maintenance will increase the lifespan of the roof and prevent any unexpected repairs from occurring in the future. Keep in mind that to ensure your safety, all these activities must be performed from standing on the ground.
- Check out the roofing from the ground: Take some time out to walk around the house and look for cracked, lifting, or dented shingles. You may be able to observe the moss growth. Remember, getting a small problem fixed in time can prevent roof repair along the way.
- Inspect the roof valleys: When you will be out doing the landscaping the next time, take some time to observe the roof valleys for possible leaves and debris collected over them. In case the roof valleys are blocked, they may hold rainwater and cause damage to your roof. Therefore it is a good idea to take out some time to clear them out.
- Check the flashing: Check out the flashing around the skylight, chimney, satellite dish, and vents. There is a possibility that the flashing may weaken or loosen over time.
- Check the downspouts and gutters: Clean the gutters, drains, and downspouts. After this work is completed test these items by running water through them. In case you find the water flowing freely without any leakage then you may consider your job as well done.
- Inspect the underside of the eaves: Make sure that you inspect the underside of the eaves for debris and leaves and clean out the material from there. You will need to be careful here because the eaves are a favorite spot for birds and insects.
Significance of roof maintenance
So, what is the significance of roof maintenance in summer? It is a fact that the summer brings several challenges to the roof that include humidity, high temperatures, heavy winds, and rain. If you can take out some time to perform some quick inspections of the roof you will ensure that the roof is up to the task of handling the challenges thrown at it during the summer. This will also ensure that the roof is in good condition and you are on track to meet the lifespan of the roofing system.
In case you just do not have the time to look after the roof yourself, you may make arrangements with Avatar Roofing. if you are living in the Tampa Bay area to perform the roof maintenance. They will help you in sorting out the issues before they develop into expensive repairs. The professionals can spot the issues quickly before they develop into major issues. You will also learn about the various maintenance programs offered by the pros when you make an appointment.
Picture Credit: 123rf.com