The optimization of your home’s efficiency can help assist in staying comfortable all year long, while also helping in lowering your energy bills. The emphasis of creating your home so that it’s more energy efficient is on restoring items such as door frames, heating systems, and window panes. Your roof is also very important to consider, day after day it absorbs the complete impact of the sun’s energy. A roof that is energy-efficient can make a massive improvement in your home. If you’re considering installing another roof, the following are seven tips to create an energy-efficient home.
- Go with a brighter tone for your roof. The hue of your roof has an influence on the amount of hot air that reaches your property. Roofs with a dark hue will capture heat and light, directing it inward. A bright-colored roof helps in reflecting the heat from the sun and prevents it from entering your home.
- Increase the insulation beneath the roof. Many homes don’t come with sufficient attic insulation. Additional insulation will keep heat from permeating your home’s interior. A better insulated roof will assist in keeping the temperature in your home cooler and stable.
- Take into account a non-asphalt shingle option. Roofing equipment such as tiles made of clay or metal can give your home a one-of-a-kind appearance while also increasing energy efficiency. They both release heat instead of soaking it up, which helps to keep the heat out of your home.
- Make use of a cool roof sealant. Cool roof sealant brightens the roof and aids in heat reflection. During the final stage in replacement of a roof, this layer is simple to apply. If you do not need another roof, it is still an excellent pick.
- Enhance the air circulation. Even a roof that is the most energy-efficient will result in warm air entering your attic. A good ventilation system will release excess heat from your attic. Ventilation systems can be configured so that it can be set at a certain temperature. This allows them to operate only when necessary.
- Solar shingles are expensive, but they are extremely energy-efficient. They are available in small sizes that are similar to the traditional ones. Solar shingles are a perfect remedy for homeowners who desire dependable solar power but don’t want to have a rattly roof.
If you’re ready to replace your roof and you are looking for the best roofing contractor in Tampa, contact us via email or via phone at 813-962-7663.